1. Dwivedi RSP, Dwivedi KN, Namdeo KN, Satyajit P, Mittoliya VK. Effect of row spacing and nitrogen source on nutrient contents and uptake of isabgol (Plantago ovata Forssk.) varieties. Crop Res, (Hisar,) 2008;36:354-358.
2. Zingore S, Delve RJ, Nyamangara J, Giller KE. Multiple benefits of manure: The key to maintenance of soil fertility and restoration of depleted sandy soils on African smallholder farms. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosys. 2008;80: 267-282.
3. Sims JT, Wolf DC. Poultry waste management: agricultural and environmental issues. Adv. Agro. 1994; 52:2-72.
4. Abbasi MK, Khaliq A, Shafiq M, Kazmi M, Ali . Comparative effectiveness of urea N, poultry manure and their combination in changing soil properties and maize productivity under rainfed conditions in northeast Pakistan. Exp. Agri. 2010;46:211-230.
5. Shah Z, Ahmad MI. Effect of integrated use of farmyard manure and urea on yield and nitrogen uptake of wheat. J Agri Biol Sci 2006;1:60-65.
6. Gauer LE, Grant CA, Gehl DT, Bailey LD. Effects of nitrogen fertilization on grain protein content, nitrogen uptake and nitrogen use efficiency of spring wheat cultivars, in relation to estimated moisture supply. Can J. Plant Sci. 1992;72:235-241.
7. Ozturk A, Qaglar O. The effect of drought in different growth stages on uptake, translocation and utilization of N in winter wheat. Dev. Plant Soil Sci. 1999; 86(3):135–138.
8. Bremner JM. Nitrogen-total. p. 1085–1121. In: Sparks DL. et al. (Eds.). Methods of soil analysis, Part 3.SSSA Book series 5. SSSA and ASA, Madison, WI: Soil Science Society of America, Inc.1996.
9. Brink GE, Sistani KR, Rowe DE. Nutrient uptake of hybrid and common Bermuda grass fertilized with broiler litter. Agron. J. 2004;96:1509-1515.
10. SAS Institute Inc. SAS User's guide:Statistics. SAS Institute Inc, Cary, NC. 2001.
11. Eastin JD, Sullivan CY. Environmental stress influences on plant physiology andproduction. p. 201-213. In: Tesar, M.B. (Ed). Physiological Basis of Crop Growth and Development, Madison, WI, CSSA and ASA. 1984.
12. Giunta F, Motzo R, Deiddo M. Effects of drought on leaf area development, biomass production and nitrogen uptake of durum wheat grown in a Mediterranean environment. Aust. J. Agri. Res. 1995; 46:99–111.
13. Ashraf M, Ashfaq M, Ashraf M.N. Effect of increased supply of potassium on growth and nutrient content in pearl millet under water stress. Biol Plantarum. 2002; 45:141-144.
14. Ajdary K. Singh DK, Singh AK, Khanna M. Modelling of nitrogen leaching from experimental onion field under drip fertigation. Agr. Water Manag. 2007; 89:15–28.
15. Doyle AD, Holford ICR. The uptake of nitrogen by wheat, its agronomic efficiency and their relationship to soil and fertilizer nitrogen. Aust. J Agr Res. 1993; 44:1245-1258.
16. Kirk T, George B, Courtois D, Senadhira GJD. Opportunities to improve phosphorus efficiency and soil fertility in rainfed lowland and upland rice ecosystems. Field Crops Res. 1998;56:73-92.
17. Premachandra GS, Saneoka H, Fujita K, Ogata S. Cell membrane stability and leaf water relations as affected by phosphorus nutrition under water stress in maize. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 1990;36:661-666.
18. Aishwath OP, Chandra R, Kumar D, Jha BK. Yield and uptake of macronutrient by isabgol (Plantago ovata) with N and P under medium soil fertility. J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 2005;53:410-412.
19. Bokhtiar SM, Sakurai K. Effects of organic manure and urea fertilizer on soil fertility and productivity of plant and ratoon crops of sugarcane. Arch. Agron. Soil Sci. 2005;51:325-334.
20. Murwira HK, Kirchman H. Carbon and nitrogen mineralization of cattle manures subjected to different treatments in Zimbabwean and Swedish soils. p. 189–198. In: Mulongoy K, Merckx R. (Eds). Soil Organic Matter Dynamics and Sustainability of Tropical Agriculture, Wiley-Sayce, Chichester/Exeter. 1993
21. Tewolde H. Sistani KR, Rowe DE, Adeli A. Phosphorus extraction by cotton fertilized with broiler litter. Agron J. 2007;99:999-1008
22. Von Wandruszka R. Phosphorus retention in calcareous soils and the effect of organic matter on its mobility. Geochem. T. 2006;7:1-6.
23. Robbins CW, Freeborn LL, Westermann DT. Organic phosphorus source effects on calcareous soil phosphorus and organic carbon. J. Environ. Qual. 2000; 29:973–978.
24. Toor GS. Enhancing phosphorus availability in low-phosphorus soils by using poultry manure and commercial fertilizer. Soil Sci. 2009;174:358–364.
25. Bahl GS, Toor GS. Influence of poultry manure on phosphorus availability and the standard phosphate requirement of crop estimated from quantity–intensity relationships in different soils. Bioresour Technol. 2002; 85:317-322.
26. Nyiraneza J, Snapp S. Integrated management of inorganic and organic nitrogen and efficiency in potato systems. Soil Sci Soc Am J. 2007;71:1508-1515.
27. Hirzel J, Walter I, Undurraga I, Cartagena M. Residual effects of poultry litter on silage maize (Zea mays L.) growth and soil properties derived from volcanic ash. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 2007;53:480-488.
28. Adeli A, Sistani KR, Rowe DE, Tewolde H. Effects of broiler litter on soybean production and soil nitrogen and phosphorus concentrations. Agron. J. 2005; 97:314–321.
29. Russo MA, Belligno A, Wu JY, Sadro V. Comparing mineral and organic nitrogen fertilizer impact on soil-plant-water system in a succession of three crops. Recent Res in Sci Technol. 2010;2:14-22.
30. Sharma AR, Mittra BN. Effect of different rates of application of organic and nitrogen fertilizers in a rice-based cropping system. . J Agri Sci (Cambridge,) 1991;117:313-318.