Ethical Responsibilities of Authors:
Authors who submit their manuscripts for reviewing in the Journal of Medicinal Plants and By-products (JMPB) are required to comply with the following:
1) The authors must certify that their manuscripts have not been published elsewhere (partly or in full). Plagiarism is prohibited in any form.
2) Submission of a manuscript implies, that it is not under consideration for publication anywhere else and also its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any, as well as by the responsible authorities tacitly or explicitly at the institute where the work has been carried out.
3) If the authors have used the words or work of others, they should cited or quoted all sources.
4) If any errors or problems with the results or information of their work (both at the time of its review and after its publication) are found, authors should inform the Journal editor as soon as possible.
Ethical responsibilities of Editorial board:
1) Editorial board must keep the information of the articles in secret.
2) Editorial board are responsible for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts.
3) Editorial board must maintain the integrity of the academic record.
4) Editorial board must evaluate manuscripts only for their intellectual content.
5) Editorial board must disclose any conflicts of interest and preclude business needs from compromising intellectual and ethical standards.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers:
When reviewers accept review invitations they are required to comply with the following:
1) Reviewers must keep the information of the articles in secret.
2) Reviewers must only review the articles in terms of content (originality, significance and relevance to the domains of the journal).
3) Reviewers must inform the Editor in Chief of any justifying reason to reject the article.
4) Reviewers must inform the Editor in Chief of any conflicts of interest.