1. Akerele O. Medicinal plants in traditional medicine.Academic press, London.1990.
2. Jaimand K, Rezaee MB. Essential oils, distillation apparatuses, Test Methods of Essential oils and Retention Indices in Essential oil Analysis. Iranian society of Medicinal Plants.2006.
4. Mukherjee PK, Maiti K, Mukherjee K Houghton, Leads from Indian medicinal plants with hypoglycemic potentials. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2006;106:1-28.
5. Jaggi RK, Madaan R, Singh B, Anticonvulsant potential of holy basil Ocimum sanctum L.and its cultures., Indian Journal ExpBiol. 2003;11:1329-1333.
6. Rajeshwari. S, Ocimum sanctum. The Indian home remedy. In: Current Medical Scene, ( Cipla Ltd., Bombay Central, Bombay).1992.
7. Khanna S, Gupta SR, Grover SK, Action of Ocimum sanctum (tulsi) in mice :possible mechanism involved, Indian Journal Experimental Biology;1986; 24: 302-304.
8. Bhargava KP, Singh N, Anti-stress activity of Ocimum sanctum Linn, Indian Jouranl Medical Research. 1981;73: 443-451.
9. Ray A. Recent trends in stress research: Focus on adaptogenesis. Proc. XXXVIIIth Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society held at Punjabi University, Patiala. 1995; Nov. 23-26, p.68.
10. Sarkar A, Pandey DN, Pant MC, Evaluation of anti-microbial activity of Ocimum sanctum methanolic extract, Indian Journal PhysiologyPharmacology.1994; 38:311-312.
11. Sethi J, Sood S, Seth S, Thakur A. Protective effect of tulsi (Ocimum sanctum ) on lipid peroxidation in stress induced by anemic hypoxia in rabbits , Indian Journal Physiology Pharmacology. 2003; 47:115-119.
12. Rama M , SyamaSundar B.
Phytochemical constituent and antioxidant activity of extract from the leaves of Ocimum sanctum green and purple.International J Chem & Pharmaceu Res. 2013;2:2319-1716.
13. Da -Silva F, Santos RHS, Diniz ER, Barbosa LCA, Casali VWD, De-Lima RR. Content and composition of basil essential oil at two different hours in the day and two seasons. Revista Brasileira de Plants Medicinas. 2003;6:33-38.
14. Sajjadi SE. Analysis of the essential oils of two cultivated basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) from Iran. Daru.2006;14:128-130.
15. Rubiolo P, Sgorbini B, Liberto E, Cordero C, Bicchi C. Essential oils and Volatile oils ; sample preparation and analysis. Flavour Fragr.2012; 25:282-290.
16.Graca Miguel M. Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Essential Oils: A Short Review J Mol. 2010;15:9252-9287.
17. Alma MH, Nitz S, Kollmannsberger H ,Digrak M, efe FT, Yilmaz N. Chemical composition and Antimicrobial Activity of the essential oils from the gum of Turkish Pistachio (Pistacia vera L.). J Agric Food chem. 2004;52:3911-3914.
18. Asatil F, Azcan N, Baser KHC. Fatty acid composition of Pistachio nuts in Turkey. Chem Nat comput. 2003;39:322-324.
19. Zolfagari M, Nazeri V, Sefidkon F, Rejali F. Effect of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on plant growth and essential oil content and composition of Ocimum basilicum L. I J P P.2013;3:643-650.
20. Bowles EJ. The chemistry of Aromatherapeuticoils; 3rd ;Edition Amazon Press, 2004.
21. Koba K, Wiyaopoutouli P, Raynaud Ch, Sanda K. Antifungal Activity of the essential oils from
Ocimum gratissimum L Grown in Togo. J Sci Res. 2009;1:164-171.
22. Rangasamy O, FawziMahmoodally M, Subratty AH, Gurib-fakim A. Essential oil composition, Antimicrobial Potential, phytochemical profile and Toxicity of eesential oils and crude extracts of sweet Basil prior and after flowering. I J Bio Well ind. 2012;1:85-89.
23. Hadjkhelifa L, Brada M, Brahmi ,F,Achour ,D, Fauconnier,M.L, and Lognay ,G, Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of essential oil of Ocimum basilicum L leaves from the northern Region of Algeria Topcls. J Herbal Med. 2012;1:53-58 .
24. Ismail M. Central Properties and Chemical Composition of Ocimum basilicum L. Essential oil. Ph Bio. 2006;44:619-626 .
25. Adams RP. Identification of essential oils by Ion trap Mass Spectroscopy. Academic Press, San Diego, CA1989.