1. Kindersley D. A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants. Dorling Kindersley Publ., Ltd, 2008.
2. Grigore A, Paraschiv I, Colceru-Mihul S, Bubueanu C, Draghici E, Ichim M. Chemical composition and antioxidant activity of Thymus vulgaris L. volatile oil obtained by two different methods. Rom Biotech Let. 2010;15:5436-5443.
3. Ozcan M, Chalchat JC. Aroma profile of Thymus vulgaris
L. growing wild in Turkey. Bulg J Plant Physio.
4. Sharma P, Jha AB, Dubey RS. Oxidative stress and antioxidative defense systems in plants growing under abiotic stresses. In: Hand Book of Plant and Crop Stress. Pessarakli M. (ed.). CRC Press, 2011.
5. Nadia Z, Rachid M. Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of Thymus vulgaris L. Med Aro Plant Res J. 2013;1:5-11.
6. Prins CL, Vieira IJC, Freitas SP. Growth regulators and essential oil production. Braz J Plant Physio. 2010;22:91-102.
7. Rowshan V, Khosh Khoi M, Javidnia K. Effects of salicylic acid on quality and quantity of essential oil components in Salvia macrosiphon.J Bio Env Sci. 2010;4:77-82.
8. El-Awadi ME, Hassan EA. Physiological responses of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare Mill) plants to some growth substances. The effect of certain amino acids and a pyrimidine derivative. J Ame Sci. 2010;6:120-125.
9. Hassanpour Aghdam MB, Hajisamadi Asl B, Khalighi A. Gibberellic acid foliar application influences growth, volatile oil and some physiological characteristics of lavender (Lavandula officinalis Chaix.). Rom Biotech Let. 2011;16:6322-6327.
10. Jalal RS, Bafeel SO, Moftah AE. Effect of salicylic acid on growth, photosynthetic pigments and essential oil components of shara (Plectranthus tenuiflorus) plants grown under drought stress conditions. Int Res J Agri Sci Soil Sci. 2012;2:252-260.
11. Rohamare Y, Nikam TD, Dhumal KN. Effect of foliar application of plant growth regulators on growth, yield and essential oil components of Ajwain. Int J Seed Spices. 2013;3:34-41.
12. Gharib FAE. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth, metabolic activities and oil content of basil and marjoram. Int J Agri Bio. 2006;4:485-492.
13. Rivas-San Vicente M, Plasencia J. Salicylic acid beyond defence: its role in plant growth and development. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:3321-3338.
14. Paliyath G, Murr DP, Handa AK, Lurie S. Postharvest Biology and Technology of Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers. Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
15. Schafleitner R, Rosales ROG, Gaudin A, Aliaga CAA, Martinez GN, Marca LRT, Bolivar LA, Delgado FM, Simon R, Bonierbale M. Capturing candidate drought tolerance traits in two native Andean potato lines by transcription profiling of field grown plants under water stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2007;45:673-690.
16. Wettstein D. Formula of chlorophyll determination. Exp Cell Res. 1957;3:427-489.
17. Hodges DM, Delong JM, Forney CF, Prange RK. Impoving the thiobarbituric acid-reactive- substances assay for estimating lipid peroxidation in plant tissues containing anthocyanin and other interfering compounds. Planta. 1999;207:604-611.
18. Heath RL, Pacher L. Photoperoxidation in isolated choloroplast. I. Kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1969;125:189-198.
19. Khandaker L, Masum Akond ASMG, Oba S. Foliar application of salicylic acid improved the growth, yield and leaf’s bioactive compounds in red amaranth (Amaranthus tricolor L.). Vegetable Crops Res Bull. 2011;74:77-86.
MAH. Effect of plant compost, salicylic and ascorbic acids on Mentha piperita
L. plants. Bio Agric Hort. 2014;30:131-143.
21. Najafian S, Khoshkhui M, Tavallali V, Saharkhiz MJ. Effect of salicylic acid and salinity in thyme (Thymus vulgaris L.): Investigation on changes in gas exchange, water relations, and membrane stabilization and biomass accumulation. Aus J Basic Appl Sci. 2009;3:2620-2626.
22. Arzandi B. The effect of salicylic acid different levels on two Coriandrum sativum varieties under deficit irrigation condition. Euro J Zoolog Res. 2014;3:118-122.
23. Kong L, Dong Y, Xu L, Liu S, Bai X. Effects of foliar application of salicylic acid and nitric oxide in alleviating iron deficiency induced chlorosis of Arachis hypogeal L. Bot. Studies. 2014;55:1-12.
24. Maleki V, Ardakani MR, Rejali F, Taherpour A. Physiological responses of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) to triple inoculation with Azotobacter, Azospirillum, Glomus intraradices and foliar application of citric acid. Ann Bio Res. 2013;4:62-71.
25. El-Tohamy WA, El-Abagy HM, Badr MA, Gruda N. Drought tolerance and water status of bean plants (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) as affected by citric acid application. J Appl Bot Food Quality. 2013;86:212-216.
26. Ozguven M, Tansi S. Drug yield and essential oil of Thymus vulgaris
L. as in influenced by ecological and ontogenetical variation. Turk J Agri Forest.
27. Naumann JC, Young DR, Anderson JE. Leaf chlorophyll fluorescence, reflectance, and physiological response to freshwater and saltwater flooding in the evergreen shrub, Myrica cerifera. Env Exp Bot. 2008;63:402-09.
HM. Effects of organic acids on chlorophyll contents and photosynthesis of Fraxinus mandshurica
seedlings. Adv Mat Res.
29. Czerpak R, Dobrzyń P, Krotke A, Kicińska E. The Effect of auxins and salicylic acid on chlorophyll and carotenoid contents in Wolffia arrhiza (L.) Wimm. (Lemnaceae) growing on media of various trophicities. Polish J Env Studies. 2002;11:231-235.
30. Jaafari N, Hadavi E. Growth and essential oil yield of Basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) as affected by foliar spray of citric acid and salicylic acid. Z Arzeni- Gewurzpfla. 2012a;17:80-83.
31. Jaafari N, Hadavi E. Growth and essential oil yield of dill (Anethum graveolens) as affected by foliar sprays of citric acid and malic acid. Acta Hort. 2012b;955:287-290.
32. Sun X, Xi DH, Feng H, Du JB, Lei T, Liang HG, Lin HH. The dual effects of salicylic acid on dehydrin accumulation in water-stressed barley seedlings Rus J Plant Physiol. 2009;56:348–354.
33. Sun YL, Hong SK. Effects of citric acid as an important component of the responses to saline and alkaline stress in the halophyte Leymus chinensis (Trin.). Plant Growth Reg. 2011;64:129-139.